27 August, 05:10
Give me 8 types of genetic disorder?
27 August, 06:01
The following are the common types genetic disorders;
• Down Syndrome - A condition where a genetic chromosome 21 causes developmental and intellectual disorder
• Hemophilia-A genetic disorder in which blood clots in an abnormal way
• Sickle Cell Anemia-a group of disorder that makes the misshapes and breakdown of red blood cells
• Thalassemia-a blood disorder where the blood contains lower-than-normal amounts of oxygen carrying protein.
• Cystic fibrosis, which is an inherited disorder that causes damage to the lungs and the digestive system
• Huntington's disease which is an inherited nerve cell condition where the brain breaks down over time
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy which is an inherited disorder of progressive muscular weakness especially in boys
• Fragile X syndrome a genetic disorder that causes intellectual disability.
27 August, 06:15
Genetic disorders can be grouped into three different categories. Single gene disorders result from a change or mutation in a single cell. Cystic fibrosis is an example of this type of disorder. Chromosome disorders are caused by too few or too many genes located on chromosomes, or other changes in chromosomes. Down syndrome is a type of chromosome disorder. Small changes in genes along with environmental factors cause complex, or multifactorial, disorders. Both cancer and heart disease fall into this third category of genetic disorders.
Know the Answer?
New Questions in Biology
Which are ways that humans can lower biodiversity as they use the environment? CHECK ALL THAT APPLY
The opera station broadcasts at 90.5 MHz and the rock nroll station at 07.1 MHz which station's signal has waves with longer wavelengths and which one has higher energy
Solve 3 q - 5 = 13 for q. q =
Beth files a suit against Cruise Line, Inc. Cruise responds that it appears from the pleadings that the parties do not dispute the facts and the only question is how the law applies to those facts.
Which of the following was best compares an armistice to a peace treaty
Aqueous hydrochloric acid will react with solid sodium hydroxide to produce aqueous sodium chloride and liquid water. Suppose 34. g of hydrochloric acid is mixed with 9.30 g of sodium hydroxide.
How did the colonist use it to get more support for their rebellion
Is 7/8 greater than 3/4
What is the molar mass of C2H6O
True Flight Golf manufacturers a popular shaft for golf clubs. Its trade secret is a unique process for weaving high-tension wire into the center of the shaft such that energy is accumulated during the swing and released at impact.
» Give me 8 types of genetic disorder?