Ask Question
9 December, 09:45

As of January 1 of the current year, the Edwards Company had accounts receivable of $50,000. The sales for January, February, and March were as follows: $100,000, $150,000, and $180,000. 20% of each month's sales are for cash. Of the remaining 80% (the credit sales), 70% are collected in the month of sale, with the remaining 30% collected in the following month. What is the total cash collected (both from accounts receivable and for cash sales) in the month of March?

+2
Answers (1)
  1. 9 December, 09:59
    0
    Total cash colected in March $172,800

    Explanation:

    March collections:

    March cash sales 180,000 x 20% $36,000

    March credit sales 144,000 x 70% = $100,800

    February credit sales 120,000 x 30% = $36,000

    Total cash colected in March $172,800

    Notes:

    March credit sales: 180,000 total sales x 80% = 144,000

    February credit sales 150,000 total sales x 80% = 120,000
Know the Answer?