Ask Question
11 June, 19:27

Bonds issued by political subdivisions of the u. s. government but not guaranteed by the government are called:

Answers (1)
  1. 11 June, 21:05
    Such bonds are called "agency bonds".

    U. S. Treasury and municipal bonds are those which are guaranteed as opposed to the agency bonds which are issued by a government agency. Some examples of such agencies are like Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Sallie Mae and the Federal Home Loan Banks.
Know the Answer?