Ask Question
25 August, 13:39

the president would like to use more money to fight terrorism. to do so, he wants to raise income taxes. he needs to ask someone in congress to submit a bill increasing the income tax. what house of congress must start this off? where is it addressed?

Answers (1)
  1. 25 August, 14:30
    If the President would like to do anything related to the raising of revenue, the President will need to follow the Origination Clause and address the United States House of Representatives. Specifically, it will need to be addressed to a member of the House Ways and Means Committee who is responsible for opening discussion on all revenue raising proposals.
Know the Answer?