21 July, 03:28
Match the following terms and definitions.
1. outer layer of cells
2. tube connecting the mouth to the stomach
3. iron compound in red blood cells
4. the distal half of the small bowel
5. the middle part of the small bowel
21 July, 04:19
1. Outer layer of cells - - - Epidermis
2. Tube connecting the mouth to the stomach - - - Esophagus
3. Iron compound in red blood cells - - - Hemoglobin
4. The distal half of the small bowel - - - Ileum
5. The middle part of the small bowel - - - Jejunum
1 - The epidermis, in vertebrates, is the outer layer of the skin. It is the body's most important barrier to the external environment of the skin.
2 - The esophagus is a part of the digestive system of both vertebrate and invertebrate living beings formed by a muscular tube of about 25 centimeters, which connects the pharynx with the stomach.
3 - Hemoglobin is a blood hemoprotein that transports oxygen from the respiratory organs to tissues, carbon dioxide from tissues to the lungs that eliminate it and also participates in the regulation of blood pH, in vertebrates and some invertebrates.
4 - The ileum is the final section of the small bowel, in the digestive system.
5 - The jejunum is one of the parts of the small bowel, between the duodenum and the ileum. Its function is to perform the absorption of the substances of the food chyme.
21 July, 04:43
1. Outer layer of cells = epidermis
2. Tube connecting the mouth to the stomach = esophagus
3. Iron compound in red blood cells = hemoglobin
4. The distal half of the small bowel = ileum
5. The middle part of the small bowel = jejunum
Know the Answer?
New Questions in Biology
Which are ways that humans can lower biodiversity as they use the environment? CHECK ALL THAT APPLY
The opera station broadcasts at 90.5 MHz and the rock nroll station at 07.1 MHz which station's signal has waves with longer wavelengths and which one has higher energy
Solve 3 q - 5 = 13 for q. q =
Beth files a suit against Cruise Line, Inc. Cruise responds that it appears from the pleadings that the parties do not dispute the facts and the only question is how the law applies to those facts.
Which of the following was best compares an armistice to a peace treaty
Aqueous hydrochloric acid will react with solid sodium hydroxide to produce aqueous sodium chloride and liquid water. Suppose 34. g of hydrochloric acid is mixed with 9.30 g of sodium hydroxide.
How did the colonist use it to get more support for their rebellion
Is 7/8 greater than 3/4
What is the molar mass of C2H6O
True Flight Golf manufacturers a popular shaft for golf clubs. Its trade secret is a unique process for weaving high-tension wire into the center of the shaft such that energy is accumulated during the swing and released at impact.
» Match the following terms and definitions. 1. outer layer of cells jejunum 2. tube connecting the mouth to the stomach epidermis 3. iron compound in red blood cells hemoglobin 4. the distal half of the small bowel esophagus 5.